Here are 25 make-ahead breakfast recipes that are portable and can be taken on-the-go! They are filling and delicious, yet low in calories. Most of them are ready in an hour and freezable too.
Here is a collection of vegan breakfast recipes that can be prep during the weekends or whenever you have some time on hand! That way, you always have something wholesome to grab-and-go on hectic mornings to power through your busy day ahead.
I also decided to keep the recipes below 400 calories per serving, making them weight-loss friendly! But they will still be super filling, nourishing and delicious.
❄Notes on storing + reheating
Here is the general guide on how to store, freeze and reheat breakfast foods:
- For muffins, frittatas and oatmeal bars, they can typically last in room temperature for 3-4 days, in the fridge for a week, and in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- To freeze, you will first need to first flash freeze them. Place them in one layer on a baking sheet and pop it into the freezer for 30 mins to an hour, or until they are frozen. You can then transfer them into zip-top bags or storage containers of choice.
- To reheat, let them thaw completely in the fridge overnight. You can heat them up in the oven for 8-10 minutes. Or, simply heat them from frozen using the microwave.
- As for overnight oats and chia puddings, they will stay well in the fridge for 4-5 days. You might need to add some water or milk to thin.
- Lastly, breakfast burritos can last in the freezer for 3 months.
- To freeze, wrap them up individually in saran wraps or aluminum foil before transferring to storage bags or containers of choice.
- To reheat, transfer burrito to the refrigerator the night before to thaw. The next morning, heat up a pan or skillet over medium low and cook for 4-5 minutes on each sides, or until warmed. Or, reheat from frozen in the microwave using the defrost settings for 5-6 minutes, then microwave on high for another 1-2 minutes.
*Do take this as a guide. If the instructions for storing and heating are provided in the recipe, follow that!
✔Helpful storage tips
- Invest in suitable storage containers and bags - Although there are gazillions of meal prep containers out there, you will need to find what works for you. Personally, I really love having various sized of zip-top bags and rectangular plastic freezer containers. (No glass for clumsy me.🤣)
- Batch make recipes - Recipes below can easily be doubled, tripled or quadrupled. Make a few extra servings so you have always have leftovers ready to go at all times.
- Stay organized - I like to label bags and storage containers with recipe name and date that it was made. You can also make a list of ready made foods you have in the fridge or freezer to stay on top of your meal prep game.
- Portion things out - It is much quicker and easier this way then to thaw the whole batch then freeze the rest again!
🍫Baked oatmeal + breakfast bars
🎂Muffins and frittatas
🥣Overnight oats and chia puddings
☕Energy balls + granolas
🌯Burritos + casseroles
🍽More breakfast recipes
I hope that you find this post inspiring and helpful! If you do make any of these recipes or have questions, do leave a comment below. I love hearing from you!
Join the discussion !