An easy veggie cold pasta salad recipe that is perfect for summer. This oil-free pasta salad is customizable, super delicious & perfect for meal prep !
This easy veggie pasta salad is a perfect for the hot and humid summer months, where all you crave is cold and fresh foods. It is also serves as a perfect side dish for your summer BBQ parties, potlucks and picnics ! It is also a really great meal prep recipe as it stores well in the fridge.
Here is why you need to make this easy creamy pasta salad ASAP . It is :
- Gluten-free ( if you use GF pasta )
- Extra saucy and creamy
- Easy to make
- Super delicious
Are you convinced to make this now ? Here are the ingredients needed for your easy pasta salad...
What you will need
- A creamy oil-free dressing- no worries ! The recipe for this dressing is provided.
- Pasta of choice- use gluten-free pasta if needed. I am using whole wheat pasta but any types of pasta works well . )
- A variety of colourful veggies- I am using bell peppers, corn, red onion and green peas here. But you can swap them with any veggies that you like / have on hand !
Oil-free dressing for pasta salad
For this oil-free dressing, we are using white beans and cashews as our base. These 2 works really well as a creamy salad dressing without using any oil or mayo. Other than that, they also provide additional protein to this salad which is a bonus for me. As for the seasonings, I am using maple syrup, salt and pepper, and lastly mustard and vinegar for that tangy flavour.
How to make :
- Start by making your oil-free pasta salad dressing. Combine all ingredients needed for the dressing into a blender/ food processor and blend until smooth. At this point, you may need to add some water to thin the mixture out, or extra seasonings to your dressing.
- Next, cook your pasta according to the package instructions. In the meantime, prep your veggies.
- In a large bowl , combine all ingredients together with the dressing and toss until the dressing is evenly distributed.
- Place it in the fridge and let it chill for 2 hours. But if you are like me and cannot wait, you can dig in straight away !
Notes and other helpful tips :
- Make this recipe gluten-free by simply using gluten-free pasta. You can also use whatever pasta you have on hand.
- Feel free to substitute the veggies in this recipe for other veggies you have on hand ! Cucumber, tomatoes and zucchini works well in this recipe.
- This recipe can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Looking for more quick and easy vegan mains ? Check out the recipes below :
- Easy Vegan Quinoa Salad Recipe
- Tofu Satay Skewers with Peanut Sauce Recipe
- Easy Vegan Black Bean Burgers
- Vegan Egg Fried Rice
- 5 Bean Salad by Mae's Menu
Easy Veggie Pasta Salad Recipe ( vegan and OF )
For the creamy oil-free dressing
- 1/4 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight*
- 3/4 cup white beans ( or 1/2 15 oz canned )
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon mustard of choice
- salt and black pepper to taste
For the salad
- 1/2 small red onion diced
- 1/2 cup frozen/ fresh / canned corn kernels
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 1/2 small red onion, cubed
- 1 cup dried pasta of choice **
- Start by making the oil-free dressing. Combine all ingredients needed for the dressing, along with 1/4 cup of water in a high speed blender / food processor. Blend until smooth. You may need to add more water to thin out the dressing. Give it a taste and add more seasonings, id needed.
- Cook your pasta according to the package instructions. In the meantime, prep your veggies. Steam your corn kernels and green peas in some boiling water for a few minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Toss until the dressing is evenly distributed.
- Serve it immediately, or let it chill in the fridge for around 2 hours if you prefer a cold salad. Enjoy !