Hi, I am Meesha, the recipe developer, writer, and photographer behind this blog My Plantiful Cooking.
Where this all started...
Growing up as a Malaysian Chinese, I am really fortunate to have had the opportunity to experience different cuisine from almost all around the world since young. But it does not stop there. I am super passionate about cooking at a very young age and had spent countless hours helping my mom out in the kitchen!
Since going vegan 4 years ago, my biggest joy is to experiment in the kitchen to veganise some of my childhood favorite dishes! I primarily focus on creating healthy, plant-powered recipes without compromising on taste.
Recipes you will find on My Plantiful Cooking
As a foodie myself, you will find recipes that are flavorful and bold in flavors, but with a healthier twist. Expect to find everything from Chinese-inspired sweet and sour chickpeas to western foods like this vegan marinara sauce. Most of them are also incredibly easy to make, and only requires a handful of easily accessible ingredients.
Most of the recipes here can be made gluten-free, sugar-free, and oil-free, and I had made sure to always include a note on how to do so, as well as a list of substitutions that can be made to that particular recipe.
To make sure that you have success recreating my recipes, I always include detailed step-by-step instructions, as well as process shots to guide you along the way. I also include a "commonly asked questions" section and try to answer some questions you might have about that particular recipe!
My goal is to make plant-based cooking more approachable and to prove that healthy, wholesome meals can also be delicious and flavorful at the same time.
Some fun facts about me
- Other than food and cooking, I am also super passionate about nutrition! I am currently pursuing my Bs in dietetics, and aspire to be a certified dietitian after I graduate.
- Fitness is also a huge part of my life. I especially love weightlifting, and am a NASM certified personal trainer.
- I am a huge bookworm since I was a kid. Thriller, mystery, and romance are my top genre.
- English is my second language. Not surprisingly, my native tongue is Chinese.
- There are some foods which I can't tolerant, and bitter gourd being one of them. No offence, but I don't understand why some people swear by this bitter-tasting veg!
- None of my immediate family members are vegan, but they do enjoy plant-based meal from time to time.
Keeping in touch
First of all, have you subscribed to my newsletter yet?! I will send out my latest blog post on a weekly basis, so you will get new recipes sent straight to your mailbox.
If you would like to know about the latest update and what I am up to, do follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook. I would love to connect with you! Or, you can also reach me through email at email@example.com .