Creamy, rich & sweet, this chocolate chip cookie dough hummus is the perfect dessert to curb your sweet tooth. Secretly healthy & incredibly easy to make !
Do you know that beans, especially chickpeas work really well in desserts ? They can be used to make peanut butter blondies, dark chocolate dip and now this cookie dough hummus! And I promise, you hardly can taste the chickpeas in it.
🍪What you will need
- If you are using canned chickpeas, do make sure that they are unsalted. Leave those that are soaked in brine for savory dishes. ( Like some hearty Kung Pao Chickpeas ) Or, you can simply cook your own from scratch.
- Although any nut butter can be used, cashew butter is recommended as has a mild flavor. But I definitely will not say no to a peanut or almond butter flavored one !
- Or, you can make this nut free by using tahini instead.
- Make this gluten-free by using certified gluten-free oat flour.
- You can totally omit the chocolate chip to make it sugar-free, or use cacao nibs in place.
- Dates can be substituted with ¼ cup of maple syrup instead.
🔪How to make
If you dates are dry, soak them in hot water for 20 minutes to soften.
In a food processor, place in all ingredients. Blend until smooth, for 1-2 minutes, adding water in 1 tablespoon increments until it reaches desired texture.
Give it a taste and adjust the sweetness by adding maple syrup or coconut sugar. I personally find that they are pretty sweet just by using dates alone.
Lastly, fold in chocolate chips using a spatula or spoon.
Enjoy immediately, or let it chill in the fridge for about an hour before serving.
- Make this peanut butter flavored by using peanut butter instead of cashew butter.
- Or, you can make a double chocolate one by mixing in ¼ cup of cocoa powder.
- How about adding in some chopped Oreos to make a cookie and cream one ?
- Skip the chocolate chips and add in some oatmeal, raisins and a pinch of ground cinnamon to make a oatmeal cookie dough.
❔Commonly asked questions
There are plenty of ways to serve this cookie dough hummus. Use it as a dip for your raw veggies, fruit slices and crackers. Pair them with your favorite chips or pretzels for that sweet and savory combo. You can also use them as a spread for toast, pancakes and even waffles.
Or, if you are like me, simple eat them by spoonful !
Cookie dough hummus surprisingly does not taste like chickpeas nor hummus ! Although it does not taste exactly like the real cookie dough, it is creamy, rich and sweet, making them the perfect healthier substitute whenever your sweet cravings hit.
Although this chickpea cookie dough does not contain eggs or flour, it is still highly recommended to refrigerate them, especially if you are living in a warm and / or humid climate. It will stay good in the fridge for 4-5 days.
This cookie dough hummus is actually freezable. To freeze, portion them up according to your preference in sealed containers. You can then freeze it for up to 3 months.
Let them defrost overnight in the fridge and give them a good stir when you are ready to serve them up !
Yes, but you will need a high speed blender, preferably one with a tamper like Vitamix to really help blend everything smoothly.
🍽More high protein desserts
- Dark Chocolate Dessert Hummus
- Peanut Butter Banana Protein Granola
- Black Bean Brownies
- Coconut Matcha Protein Balls
If you did make this recipe, do leave a rating and comment down below, we love hearing from you! Subscribe to My Plantiful Cooking to get new recipes delivered straight to your inbox! Follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest to get the latest updates. 😉
Chocolate Chip Chickpea Cookie Dough Hummus
- If you dates are dry, soak them in hot water for 20 minutes to soften.
- In a food processor, place in all ingredients. Blend until smooth, for 1-2 minutes, adding water in 1 tablespoon increments until it reaches desired texture. Give it a taste and adjust the sweetness by adding maple syrup or coconut sugar. I personally find that they are pretty sweet just by using dates alone.
- Lastly, fold in chocolate chips using a spatula or spoon.
- Enjoy immediately, or let cookie dough hummus chill in the fridge for about an hour before serving.