A high protein brownie batter dip that is gluten-free & oil-free. Only 5 ingredients required & beginner friendly. Perfect dip for your crackers and fruits!
I am guilty for licking my spoon every time I am mixing brownie batter. To me, brownie batter is even more tasty than brownies! This is what inspired me to make edible cookie dough ( cause I should have known better that eating raw flour can make you sick).
To make this brownie batter safe for consuming, I had replaced flour with white kidney beans. Feel free to sub it with pinto beans or chickpeas if you do not have white kidney beans.
What can you do with this dip ?
- Dip your favourite fruit or crackers in as a healthy mid afternoon snack !
- Pair it with some granola to make a healthy breakfast
- Simply eat it as it is ! This will satisfied your sweet tooth cravings.
- Use it as your spread on your morning toast
For me, I am always trying to find ways to incorporate protein into my breakfast. Therefore. I like to pair it with some fruits and my peanut butter granola as my breakfast. ( I mean, who do not like dessert for breakfast?!)
If you like this recipe, you also may like my vegan ricotta cheese .
Chocolate Brownie Batter Dip
- 1 cup dried kidney beans soaked overnight and cooked until soft * ( around 3 cups cooked)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter**
- 3/4 cup water ( more, if needed )
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder ( or cacao powder )
- 125 g dates (about 3/4 cups)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cups cacao nibs or chocolate chips (optional)
- Soak your dates in hot water for about 20 minutes before using. ( You may omit this step if your dates are moist and soft enough )
- Put all ingredients except cacao nibs and water into a high speed blender or food processor.
- Once the ingredients are well mixed, slowly add in the water. You may need more or less until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Once you are satisfied with the consistency, blend the mixture again for about 1-2 minutes. This is required to help create a smooth dip.
- Using a spatula or spoon, stir in your cacao nibs or chocolate chips, if using.
- Transfer it in a jar and let it chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.