Vegan Baked Oats for One (TikTok inspired)
This vegan baked oats for one makes a great healthy breakfast to kickstart your day! It is decadent, moist and fluffy, yet incredibly hearty and satisfying. Plus, it is fuss-free and is ready in 30 minutes.
Servings 1 serving
- ½ cup oats quick or rolled (use gluten-free if needed)
- ¼ cup applesauce (or ½ ripe banana, mashed)
- ¼ cup plant based milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or other liquid sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
If you have decided to bake your vegan baked oats, preheat oven to 180C / 350F. Grease an 8 oz oven-safe ramekin with non-stick spray or oil.
In a high speed blender, add in all ingredients except chocolate chips. Blend until smooth.
½ cup oats, ¼ cup applesauce, ¼ cup plant based milk, 1 tablespoon maple syrup, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, ½ teaspoon baking powder
Stir in chocolate chips using a spoon or spatula.
2 tablespoons chocolate chips
Bake it in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Alternatively, you can cook it in the air fryer for 15-20 minutes at 180C/350F, or microwave it on high for 2-3 minutes.
Enjoy your single served baked oats while warm!
Storing - Single served baked oats will keep well in room temperature for 1-2 days in a sealed container, or in the fridge for up to a week.You can also freeze them too, and they can be frozen for 3 months.
- Grease your ramekin - As this vegan baked oats is naturally oil-free, greasing the ramekin ensures that the batter does not stick to it while baking.
- Don't fill up ramekin to the top - Instead, leave some space for it to rise, especially if you are planning to make it in the microwave!
- Making a bigger batch - You can easily multiply the ingredients and bake it in a larger casserole or baking dish if you are feeding a crowd or making it as part of your meal prep.
- Do not use steel cut oats - They will not blend enough to form a smooth batter and chances are, you will end up with a lumpy mess instead. If you still insist of using it, I recommend blending steel cut oats into flour first, before adding in the rest of the ingredients.
Reheating - To reheat blended baked oats, let the frozen ones thaw completely first in the fridge overnight or on countertop for a few hours. You can either reheat in the oven for 8-10 minutes, or microwave it for 30-90 seconds, or until it is thoroughly warmed.
Calories: 328kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 304mg | Potassium: 243mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin A: 18IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 238mg | Iron: 2mg