Vegan Ricotta Cheese ( healthy and easy ! )
A simple vegan ricotta recipe that is gluten-free, healthy and oil free. Only 8 ingredients required. Perfect as a dip for crackers, raw veggies and more !
- 1 small red onion sliced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 150 g extra firm tofu
- 2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon cashew butter*
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon miso ( optional )
- salt and pepper to taste
Start by heating up some oil in a pan. Add in the onion and garlic and let it saute for a few minutes, or until the onions are translucent. ( skip the oil to make it oil free )
Add in all ingredients in your food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
Serve and enjoy !
- You can substitute the cashew butter with raw cashews. Simply soak ⅛ cup of cashews overnight. Alternatively, you can soak it in hot water for 20 minutes.