Coconut Matcha Protein Balls
These vegan matcha coconut protein balls are super easy to make, healthy yet delicious ! They are the perfect portable snack to take with you on-the-go.
Servings 16 balls
- ½ cup rolled / quick oats use gluten-free if needed
- ¼ cup vanilla protein powder unflavoured also works well
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut unsweetened
- ½ cup cashew butter or other neutral tasting nut / seed butter
- 1 tablespoon matcha powder
- 4 medjool dates *
Place the oats in a food processor. Blend until a flour-like consistency forms.
Add in the rest of the ingredients together with ¼ cup of water. Blend until smooth. Add more water or protein powder, if needed to reach a scoopable yet not sticky mixture.
Scoop out 1 tablespoon at a time and form them into balls. Optionally, roll them in extra desiccated coconut or matcha powder.
Enjoy immediately, or let it firm up in the fridge for an hour before digging into it !
* If your dates are dry, soak them in hot water for 20 minutes to soften them up before using.
Protein balls can kept in the fridge for a week, and in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Calories: 91kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 6mg | Potassium: 109mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 56IU | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 1mg