Vegan Gluten-free Sweet Potato Banana Pancakes
Super fluffy sweet potato banana pancakes that are gluten-free, vegan and healthy ! A really great way to use up leftover sweet potatoes.
Servings 2 servings
- ½ cup mashed sweet potato / sweet potato puree
- 1 medium banana, mashed ( about 100g )
- ½ cup oat flour*
- ½ cup chickpea flour
- 1 cup plant based milk
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoons cinnamon (optional)
In a large bowl, combine together the banana, sweet potato and plant based milk. Mix well.
Gently mix in both the flour, baking powder and cinnamon, if using. Be careful not to overmix it. The batter should be slightly thicker than regular pancake batter, you can add more milk if your batter is too thick.
Heat up a small amount of oil in a non-stick pan / cast iron skillet. Skip the oil to make it oil-free.
Place ¼ cup of batter into the pan. Cook for 2-4 minutes, or until the edges have firmed up and are golden brown. Flip it and cook for another 2-3 minutes on the other side.
Repeat the same until the batter is used up. Now, you can choose to serve them immediately. Alternatively, you can heat them up in the oven at 150c / 300f for 8-10 minutes if you prefer them to be hot !
*Make your own oat flour by blending rolled / quick oats in a high speed blender until it turns into flour, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- You can substitute both the flour with all purpose flour , wholemeal flour or gluten-free blend. Or, you can use oat flour completely if you do not have chickpea flour.
- Pancakes can be stored in the fridge for 3-4 days, and in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Calories: 371kcal | Carbohydrates: 67g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 660mg | Potassium: 909mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 13490IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 449mg | Iron: 4mg