Healthy Sugar-free Apple Pie Baked Oatmeal
This simple apple pie baked oatmeal is a perfect healthy breakfast or snack to have on hand ! Vegan, sugar-free and can be made gluten-free.
- 2 small apples, diced ( about 200g / 7 oz )
- 3 cups rolled oats
- ¾ cup dates
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ cup nut / seed butter of choice
- ½ cup plant based milk
Start by soaking the dates in hot water for 20 minutes to soften it up.
Preheat oven to 150 c / 350 f. In a high speed blender, blend together the apples, dates and plant based milk until smooth. Transfer it to a large mixing bowl.
Add in the cinnamon and peanut butter and mix well. Then, toss in the rolled oats and mix until everything is well incorporated.
Transfer the mixture to a lined / greased 8x8 baking pan. Using a spatula / back of the spoon, smooth out the mixture.
Bake it in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the it is set and the edges are slightly golden.
Let it cool in the pan for 15 minutes before slicing it up. Serve it with some warm milk of choice.
- To make this recipe gluten-free, use gluten-free oats.
- You can use quick oats in this recipe, but you will need slightly less.
- Any kinds of mild flavour nut / seed butter will work in this recipe. Some of my favourite includes peanut butter, almond butter, cashew butter and sunflower seed butter.
- Store it in the fridge for a week and freeze it to up to 3 months.