Romaine Lettuce Avocado Salad
This romaine lettuce avocado salad is vibrant, refreshing, and delicious! A simple dish that is easy to make and is ready in 10 minutes. It is perfect as a light lunch or healthy side dish to accompany any mains!
Servings 3 people
For the salad
- 1 large head romaine lettuce chopped (or other varieties of lettuce)
- ½ lb tomatoes
- 1 avocado cubed
- ½ medium red onion sliced
Mix together all ingredients needed for the dressing. Set aside.
Add all ingredients needed for the salad to a large bowl. Pour in dressing and mix until everything is well incorporated.
Give it a taste, adding more salt and pepper if needed. Serve and enjoy!
*Oil - I highly recommend using extra-virgin olive oil as it has the most flavor and aroma. However, you could use light olive oil, vegetable oil, or canola oil if you are not a fan of its taste.
- Wait until the salad is ready to serve before cutting the avocado to prevent it from browning.
- Mix salad gently to ensure that the delicate avocado cubes stay intact.
- Romaine lettuce avocado salad is best served immediately after preparation as lettuce will turn soggy after some time.
- Dressing can be prep ahead of time and will stay fresh in the fridge for up to a week. You could also chop the veggies and keep them in separate containers for 3-4 days. As for the avocado, it is best to slice them right before serving.
Calories: 248kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 13g | Sodium: 220mg | Potassium: 1057mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 18903IU | Vitamin C: 31mg | Calcium: 89mg | Iron: 3mg