Quick Vegan Italian Dressing
Tangy, zesty, and flavorful, this vegan Italian dressing will be your next favorite condiment! It is effortless to make, fuss-free, and ready in minutes. It is excellent in salads, on roasted vegetables, or even as a marinade.
Servings 8 servings
- ½ cup olive oil (extra virgin preferred)*
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1-2 teaspoon maple syrup (optional, or another sweetener)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¾-1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- genorous pinch of ground black pepper
Place all ingredients in a mason jar.
Place the lid on, and shake vigorously until all ingredients are well combined.
Serve immediately, or refrigerate for later use.
*Oil - Highly recommend using a good quality extra-virgin olive oil as it has the best flavor and aroma for salads. However, if you are not a fan of the taste, substitute it with more neutral-tasting oils like light olive oil, canola oil, or vegetable oil.
- Adjust the amount of seasoning used to suit your taste. Add more maple syrup for sweetness, wine vinegar for tanginess, and nutritional yeast for that cheesy flavor.
- If you have extra time on hand, let vegan Italian dressing sit for 30 minutes to an hour before serving to allow the flavors to develop.
- This dressing can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. The oil will thicken upon refrigerating, so let it rest at room temperature for 30 minutes and vigorously shake it before serving.
Calories: 129kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Sodium: 219mg | Potassium: 35mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 5IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 1mg